Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Carthage felon's appeal rejected

The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals today rejected Douglas Gollhofer's attempt to have his 10-year sentence reduced.
Gollhofer, 33, Carthage, was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to being a felon in possession of a firearm. He admitted that he possessed four firearms on Jan. 26, 2003, in Jasper County, including a .308 caliber Winchester rifle with ammunition; a .22 caliber Remington rifle; a 12 gauge Magtech shotgun, and a 12 gauge Harrington and Richardson shotgun.
Under federal law, it is illegal for a felon to possess firearms or ammunition. Gollhofer has a long record of convictions, primarily in Jasper and Barton counties, on charges including burglary, assault, and resisting arrest. He also has numerous drunk driving citations.
The case against Gollhofer was investigated by the Carthage Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
Gollhofer's sole argument was that his sentence was too strict and that guidelines were followed that should not have been, according to recent court rulings. The appellate court said that the court still had it within its discretion to give Gollhofer the 10-year sentence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think 10 years is to long. He has a family who needs him home. It really sucks that the damn feds. mainly go by a persons past and not the presant. Also,alot of his crimes were not voilent. Just the way they charged him. But, I guess the CARTHAGE pigs got there way-- he is gone for awhile. The pigs in Carthage never liked him now they are probably real happy. All i can say is theCARTHAGE pigs can kiss my ASS!! Anyway, the feds. dont care about the fact that Doug has a family of -a wife and two kids. He has a 12 yr.old son who will be 20 yr. old when his dad comes home and a 3 yr.old son who will be 10 yr.old when his dad comes home. Now, I just want to say that it is BULLSHIT!!

Anonymous said...

Boy! He sure sounds like a real winner of a husband. Looks like you picked yourself a good one there hun! You must be so proud!

Anonymous said...

I'm not proud of the things he's done in the past.But,I have seen the way the cops here in Carthage treated him and,I know the pigs are happy that he is gone.
Just to let EVERYONE know I will be BY HIS SIDE till he COMES HOME--WHERE HE BELONGS!!
I AM PROUD TO BE HIS WIFE!!
I don't care what anyone else hs to say they can KISS MY ASS!!

Anonymous said...

Doug Has other children as well. I'm one of his many ex's who share a child with him. I can honestly say that he deserves more than 10 years. I spent several years with him and not only did he cheat on me repeatedly but he abused me as well. He also molested my oldest son. We are curently waiting for those chages to be filed. What goes around comes around. I am sorry but you and your children are better off without him.

Anonymous said...

well i have a feeling of who the anoymous person is that left that bullshit comment --- u r just jealous cause he married me and u like to b nothing but trouble-- so 4 u ----U CAN KISS MY ASS also
u r the past and i am the present and 2 let u know he has changed---
and u dont have a clue as 2 wat really happened with the reason why he was charged in this case--


and if he did do anything 2 ur kid why wasnt anything filed?????
if u was a good mother u would have filed loooonnnnggggg b4 now---


and also 2 let u know i was in his life way b4 u ever was