Thursday, June 30, 2005

Who is Chuck Wells?

I read with interest The Lamar Democrat's story in its Wednesday edition about somebody named Chuck Wells, who suggests that Barton County Memorial Hospital come up with a five-year plan.
I probably should know this name, but nowhere in the article, which was written by Democrat editor, does it tell me who in the heck this Chuck Wells is and why the hospital board should be listening to him so intently.
And judging from the recommendations the man made, that knowledge would be helpful. The article indicates Wells thinks the board should consider moving the hospital because lenders prefer to loan money for relocation projects rather than rebuilding projects. Maybe so, but I sure would like to have more than this man's word for it before I consider any move away from a site that has served the county well since 1948.
I have a feeling the man probably is extremely knowledgeable, but readers have no way of knowing when the newspaper doesn't provide us with enough information for a thorough evaluation.
***
While we are talking about the Democrat, the newspaper's website has a message on its homepage "Webmaster on vacation, next digital news Mid-July." Hmm, that would have been about the time I would have expected the site to be updated.

No comments: