Sunday, July 03, 2005

Natural Disaster to play at Carthage celebration

I was a bit taken aback Thursday when I stopped by The Carthage Press office and Stewart Johnson and Ron Graber mentioned that Natural Disaster was playing at the Carthage Fourth of July celebration.
"Not that I know of," I said, and they proceeded to show me the schedule for the entertainment, which had Natural Disaster, categorized (accurately) as a country/rock band, playing from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Monday, July 4.
I found out just a little while ago that we are going to be playing there. It was set up by our friends from the rock group One Step Ahead, which has been nice enough to get our group into the Carthage and Webb City Relays for life, as well as the recent PageFest near Neosho.
One Step Ahead and Brown Bag Special will play after us, I am not sure about the time frame. I believe another group or two is scheduled ahead of us, and of course, the evening will conclude with the traditional fireworks display. I'd love to see some of you there.

No comments: