Friday, July 29, 2005

'Small Town News' coming soon

For those of you who have asked, I finished the revisions on my novel "Small Town News," Thursday and e-mailed them back to the publisher. Barring any unforeseen complications (and there are almost always unforeseen complications), it should be available sometime around November.
If you are one of the few who read the excerpt I placed on www.wildcatcentral.com many months ago, you should be aware that the book has undergone considerable rewriting since that time. I am planning to remove that page from Wildcat Central in a few minutes.
The plot was inspired by the events of Oct. 31, 2001, in Diamond when the bank was robbed and Diamond R-4 School District Superintendent Dr. Greg Smith disappeared on the same day. Of course, as most of you in the southwest Missouri area will recall, Dr. Smith's body was found 11 days later in his car at the bottom of a pond.
"Small Town News" is a fictionalized version of that time, centering around the topic of how newspaper and television can affect a community. As I have more information, I will pass it along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mr. T, I'm glad Small Town News finally gets to go to print! I'm looking forward to getting a copy when it comes out and seeing what all you've changed to it.