Friday, July 08, 2005

TV stations report 130 axed at O'Sullivan Industries

The 5 p.m. newscasts on KODE and KOAM reported 130 workers at O'Sullivan Industries in Lamar have lost their jobs, with company officials blaming the layoffs on poor sales. (It was probably also reported on KSNF, but I didn't happen to catch it on that station.)
The state's Department of Economic Development will send its Rapid Response Team to Lamar to meet with those who lost their jobs 2 p.m. Thursday, July 14, and 10 a.m. Friday, July 15, according to the stations.
I would not be surprised if, during their next quarterly report, million-dollar CEO Bob Parker and his fellow Newell-Rubbermaid, excuse me, I mean O'Sullivan Industries, officials say it is all part of their plan to take the company to a higher level.
If anyone has any more information, please send it to me at rturner229@hotmail.com or leave a comment at the end of this post.

No comments: