Sunday, August 07, 2005

Blunt aligned with pro-voucher movement

Our governor says he does not support educational vouchers, but calling them by some other name doesn't change what they are.
An article in today's Kansas City Star details how Matt Blunt has become the darling of the national school choice movement. The article said, "Friday, Blunt was scheduled as the keynote dinner speaker for an invitation-only conference of about 150 leaders and activists for All Children Matter, hosted in Siverthorne, Colo. The group was picking up the tab for his trip, said Blunt spokeswoman Jessica Robinson."
All Children Matter is a pro school choice organization that poured more than $400,000 into Missouri political campaigns last year and reportedly considers this state ripe for the plucking as far as vouchers are concerned and that is probably true.
You can find the article at:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/12326320.htm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the Peter Jennings story?

Randy said...

I pulled that off, when I didn't see any corroboration on it from any source other than the two I had found it on. I am expecting there is something to it, but I am going to hold on a while before I post anything.

Randy said...

Besides, as far as I could tell, ABC did not hold a news conference at 1 p.m.