Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Just about time to return

Somehow I managed to stay away from South Middle School yesterday, but I was there bright and reasonably early this morning. One of the things I like to do on my first day back is to go through the halls and see the changes that have been made during the summer, for as most of you know, while students and teachers may not be roaming the halls during the summer months, the janitorial staff is hard at work.
The floors had that waxed shine and the janitors had put my chairs and all of the other furniture and items in my room exactly where they had been on May 20. The broken seats in the auditorium have been repaired and a few teachers were already working on their rooms.
About all I did was to bring my books and materials and put the boxes down on a table, look a few things over, then leave.
Teachers officially return to work a week from Thursday, but I have no doubt I will be in the hallways of South a few more times before then. The first day of classes is Monday, Aug. 15.

No comments: