Monday, October 03, 2005

Michelle Nickolaisen returns to blogging

If I had to draw up a list of my top 10 favorite students of all time, I would reserve at least three spots for Michelle Nickolaisen.
She's not only intelligent, funny, and one of the best writers I ever had the pleasure of teaching, but Michelle, who was then just out of eighth grade, and who now is a junior at Diamond High School, also went to bat for me in front of the Diamond R-4 Board of Education during the meeting in which that august body put me on the unpaid leave of absence, which eventually paved my way to working at South Middle School in Joplin.
Her voice was wavering slightly as she spoke to the board, but I was very touched by the comments and she made and will never forget them.
Michelle started recording her impressions of her high school life in her blog, Seceding from Society, two years ago, but has not been blogging recently. Her welcome return to the ranks took place today when she premiered her new blog, Victim of Reality.
Welcome back, Michelle.

No comments: