Friday, October 21, 2005

Moark buys its way out of animal abuse charges

It took a few hundred thousand dollars, but Moark has effectively bought its way out of animal abuse charges in Newton County.
County officials announced this morning, that Moark, which has been fighting a losing public relations battle in its efforts to expand its Neosho facilities, has agreed to pay $100,000 to the Neosho Humane Society, buy state-of-the-art equipment that will euthanize chickens humanely, and agreed to have a supervisor on site when the chickens are killed.
Charges against Moark, regional manager Dan Hudgens, and two subcontractors will be dropped.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

not exactly justice, but I feel it helps the situation more, rather than having them sit in jail

Randy said...

You are right. It can't be argued that no good came out of this since I am certain the Neosho Humane Society will make excellent use of the $100,000. I wonder if the money will be used as a tax deduction by Moark.

Anonymous said...

I guess Hunte will finally get rid of that old facility after all.

Anonymous said...

I really don't like it one bit. I do think it is good use of the fine money, but once again it brings me back to a statement my Dad used to tell me. "He who has the gold makes the rules".

They bought their way out of trouble.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the Humane Society get the money. That's a lot better than Moark digging into their deep pockets to buy a bunch of lawyers to get them an acquittal. And if you think for one second that woouldn't have happened, you got another think coming.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.