Friday, January 13, 2006

Lamar signing scheduled for Tuesday


Just a reminder: The first Lamar signing for my novel, "Small Town News," is scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17, at the Mary K. Finley Library in Lamar. I am looking forward to seeing some old friends there. Of course, copies of the book will be available for purchase, but if you have already bought a copy, please bring it by and I will be happy to sign it for you.
Having a signing at the Lamar library brings back pleasant memories. From early 1984 until May 1990, about a month after I went to work for The Carthage Press, I lived in an apartment above the Lamar Library at its previous location on 9th Street. It was handy to just be able to go downstairs to check out a book or to read a magazine.
It was also only a half block from the Lamar Democrat office, which meant I could just leave my car parked behind the building and walk to work each morning and it was still close enough to get to if I needed to get somewhere in a hurry for a story.
And, of course, I have always had a fondness for Lamar, which has been made these last several months of continuing revelations about the problems with O'Sullivan Industries that much more difficult to chronicle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be there I won't.