Thursday, January 05, 2006

Maddox receives dubious honor


"News Blues for TV Insiders" reports in today's edition that former KODE anchor Malorie Maddox received a rather dubious honor. Actually, the word dubious is how I would phrase it. This is how the daily TV news blog characterized it:

"Yes, they have babes in Omaha.
"Blondiful WOWT-6-NBC morning new anchor Malorie Maddox narrowly beat out equally blondiful KETV-7-ABC reporter Brandi Peterson for the honor of 'hottest female TV personality in Omaha.'
"Local radio station KXSP sponsored the 10-day contest and gave the winner a bouquet of flowers, a trip to a beauty salon and a boatful of promotional swag."

While I personally have never seen a boatful of promotional swag, I can say I hope no Joplin-area radio station ever sponsors a promotion like that. Let's judge our news anchors and reporters by how well they do their job and not by their beauty.
Of course, at the same time that I am criticizing the promotion, here I am publicizing it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who is the hottest in Joplin? My vote is for Toni.

Anonymous said...

Toni gets my vote too.

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to Lisa Ooh la loliges!

Michelle said...

Wow, that's not, y'know, degrading or anything...

Anonymous said...

Not only is she hot, she is also very down to earth.

Anonymous said...

Lisa O. is also a great reporter and anchor and producer and so on
and so on. She gets my vote for
the BEST Local TV personality.

Anonymous said...

Randy, totally agree with you on
basing the whole thing on how they
do their job! That is why they
are there, not some beauty contest. Mallory may be beautiful
but did was she good at her job??/
I also agree with comments about
Lisa Oliges, she is a true professional!