Friday, March 03, 2006

Barton County circuit clerk to retire

Perhaps retire is not the right word, since I am sure Barton County Circuit Clerk Jerry Moyer does not plan on doing that, but just the same, I was sorry to read in this week's Lamar Democrat that Moyer will not seek another term after serving as circuit clerk for 24 years.
For those who like to cast blame for anything that happens, you can give Jerry a share for all of the digging I like to do in public records. Jerry took a considerable amount of time in 1983 teaching me just records were available, including some I would never have dreamed of looking for, when he was just beginning his tenure, and I had only recently returned to the Democrat as news editor.
He was extremely patient in dealing with my many questions and that patience never wavered during the 17 years I worked with him before becoming a teacher.
Good luck, Jerry.

No comments: