Thursday, April 27, 2006

White supremacist says he's not looking for money

In a letter filed today in U. S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, white supremacist Frazier Glenn Miller said he will not seek money from Secretary of State Robin Carnahan in the lawsuit he filed after he was denied a place on the Aug. 8 Democratic primary ballot.
"I apologize to this court for claiming damages in my original complaint," Frazier, an Aurora resident, wrote. "I do not seek money. I seek only to be a candidate for U. S. Congress in the Seventh Congressional District of Missouri, and that my name be placed on the Aug. 8, 2006, primary election ballot on the Democratic ticket."
Miller noted, "Defendant Carnahan clearly stated in her letter to me dated March 13, 2006, that my name will not be placed on the primary elections ballot, even though she admits in the same letter that I did, in fact, pay the required filing fee."
Miller said he just wants his name on the ballot as a Democrat. After he was rejected by the Democratic party, Miller's fledgling candidacy was also rejected by the Republican and Libertarian parties.
In a motion filed today, Miller asked the judge to deny Ms. Carnahan's motion to dismiss. Miller, who is representing himself, wrote, "My complaint stands solely on the grounds of the U. S. Constitution and on the premise that all qualified U. S. citizens should be allowed to run for U. S. Congress on whichever of the two major political party tickets he or she so chooses."
Miller said that on March 6, he drove the 300-mile round trip from Aurora to Jefferson City to file and his $100 filing fee was accepted by the clerk. Miller provided a copy of the receipt as part of the court filing.
"If defendant Carnahan can point to any law or to any U. S. Constitutional provision which allows her to refuse to print my name on said ballot, or if this honorable court will point to any, I will immediately drop my complaint. Is this request not a reasonable one coming from a U. S. Army master sergeant who served our country for over 20 years in the U. S. Army, including two tours of duty in Vietnam?" Miller wrote.
Miller asks for a special hearing to be held as soon as possible. "Time is running out," he said. "The primary elections will be held on Aug. 8 and I must know as soon as possible if I'm free to campaign for the office of U. S. Congress."

No comments: