Monday, July 10, 2006

McLean pleads guilty to child endangerment

Brandie McLean, 29, Joplin, was sentenced to one year in the county jail and then had that sentence suspended after pleading guilty this morning in Jasper County Circuit Court to a misdemeanor child endangerment charge.
She was placed on supervised probation to run concurrently with her sentences on forgery charges, according to court records. The child endangerment charge led to the removal of Ms. McLean's children from her custody. Her eight-year-old son, Braxton Wooden, was shot to death while staying with foster parents in Alba. More information on the case can be found at this link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if she will get her children back now?

Anonymous said...

Five bux says a year from now, she's busted on drug charges. This woman had no business having kids, much less raising them!

Anonymous said...

Call me a meanie but I think it was her problem that put her child in harms way....with her (I am sure more than the one time we were made aware of) and her fault for the child being put in the foster parents home where he was harmed. I believe the siblings should have received ALL the money to be put IN A TRUST ACCOUNT, with the mother receiving nothing. And I agree with Anonymous that this won't be the last time she is in trouble. I wish for her children it would be but I just don't believe it will happen that way. Where is the father to all these children?

Randy said...

My understanding is that the father is in prison.