Monday, September 11, 2006

Dake says his views being misrepresented by Republicans

Rep. Charles Dake, D-Miller, says his views on a number of issues are being misrepresented by Republican pushpollers.
According to KY3's blog:

Dake said he received 6 calls from supporters Sunday telling him they had received calls from a polling agency asking if they would still vote for Rep. Dake if they new a laundry list of his positions.

"They told them I was for gay marriage, that I wanted to give illegal aliens social security and that I'd want to increase the budget by a billion dollars," Dake told me in an interview. "Then they'd say, 'Are you still going to vote for Dr. Dake?'"

"I think it is pretty low down they'd do it. Everybody knows I'm against gay marriage. Just like abortion, when you have 2 adopted kids, you're against abortion," Dake said.

No comments: