Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Truman blasts Blunt for inactivity in Foley scandal


Jack Truman, D-Lamar, Seventh District Congressman Roy Blunt's challenger, blasted Blunt for his lack of action in the scandal surrounding former Rep. Mark Foley. In a news release issued Tuesday, Truman said:

"All the news media is pointing to the House's Republican Leadership Committee knowing of these emails for a year. Last night, the Washington Post demanded that the Speaker of the House resign. That leadership committee is made up of 3 people; the Speaker, the Majority Head, and my opponent, Roy Blunt. And Mark Foley was a
member of this Republican leadership committee, working under Roy Blunt as his deputy whip. I think the facts speak for themselves."


Truman's news release indicated a dissatisfaction with his own party, as well:

"And where is my Democratic party? Not helping me at all with this. This is a golden opportunity for SW Missouri voters to really know who is representing their best interests in Washington. And my party has not provided me one ounce of help or one dollar with this campaign against my opponent, Roy Blunt. Nothing. They refuse to
help me. And I don't know why. If there was ever a time to get back a Democratic majority in Congress, now is the time."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it even necessary to answer "Truman"?

Anonymous said...

The Democrats will have a different attitude if they loose alot of races and say maybe we should have helped a little---making him pay several grand for a calling list is wrong shame on State Dem Party!