Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Wilson: Group home reform will be priority


In his most recent column, Rep. Kevin Wilson, R-Neosho, says reform of group home laws, following the Nov. 27 Anderson Guest House fire that killed 11, will be his priority:

Regardless of any other issues I will deal with this session, you have my pledge that I will focus any energy I must on coming up with a solution to the problems that caused this tragic loss of life. I believe that the Governor has been proactive in addressing this issue thus far and I will work closely with his staff to come up with a final solution that will hopefully prevent any other family from going through such an event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously not a top priority. Not when he and others of his ilk are hot to make English our official language.