Friday, May 18, 2007

A big thanks to the folks at KSN



A big thanks to Toni Valliere and Lucas McDonald of Hometown Today on KSNF for making the band (Natural Disaster) and me feel welcome during our appearance today.

We arrived shortly before 5 a.m., set up and then had the opportunity to watch to see thow the cameramen and technicians, as well as Toni and Lucas, make the program run smoothly. It takes a lot of effort to make it look as it is being done effortlessly.

After the news and weather, Toni interviewed me about tomorrow's 3 to 9 p.m. signing at Hastings for Devil's Messenger. Natural Disaster also backed Lucas on the weather with an instrumental version of the Johnny Rivers classic Secret Agent Man.

The band performed two numbers, the complete version of the Fats Domino/Ricky Nelson hit I'm Walkin' and then part of Chuck Berry's No Particular Place to Go, as we publicized our appearance from 1 to 2 p.m. tomorrow (Saturday) at the Webb City Relay for Life, being held this year in the industrial park across from the Joplin Airport.

Thanks again to Toni and Lucas and the good people of KSN for making us feel at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It DOES seem like a gracious gesture to let your band come in and plug appearances.
Did you dig in and needle them about shared-services agreements and the evil out-of-market Nexstar forces that run the place?
Did you compare their delivery with every word uttered by some other person at KOAM?
Did you ask that they not run the News Ticker across the screen while you were there?
It appears that you have had not much but contempt for that operation... oh, until they let you do plugola.
Nice!
You will never get to be the weatherman though...
Now type something pithy, the world is waiting breathlessly, I am sure.

Randy said...

I also did not talk about the many times I have said that Jim Jackson is tops among area male news anchors, the many recent articles I have had about the continuing increase of Nexstar Broadcasting's stock price, the positive comments I have made about Hometown TV, the comments I made about the improvements in KSN's 5 p.m. show after its recent changse, or the recent articles about the departure of Meredith Mitchell for a position in Little Rock. These attempts to portray me as an attack dog on Nexstar Broadcasting or GateHouse Media or any other media company fall far short of the truth. While you may not agree with everything (or anything) I have written, I have always been honest in writing about my beliefs. As for the "plugola" comment, I agree that it was gracious of KSN to have me on the morning program. I also think it is safe to say that the band did pretty well, and I managed to hold my own. And I was saying good things about Hometown Today, Toni Valliere and Lucas McDonald long before there was even a thought of Natural Disaster or me going on the program. They are a class act.

Anonymous said...

So if Tiffany Alaniz or Gary Bandy had been punished by receiving this assignment, would have you still done the interview. Of course you would have. Your lack of principle and integrity shines through brightly.