Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bond appearance hearing set for fired Neosho police officer

An 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 17 bond appearance hearing has been scheduled for former Neosho police officer Justin Pickup, who is charged with second degree endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly supplying vodka to 16-year-old Kassie Schenck shortly before she was killed in a one-car accident on Dec. 21.

Pickup turned himself in to Newton County authorities Saturday night and was released after posting $5,000 bond. The case is being prosecuted by the attorney general's office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that he is getting off lucky. I think he should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can charge him with involuntary manslaughter. I thought to get a finding of guilt for Involuntary Manslaughter First you have to show that it was a reckless killing and Involuntary Second you have to show it was a negligent killing. I am not an attorney thank goodness, but I am not running down the PA for I don't know all the facts of the case!!!Come on Randy you are a smart guy ... look it up and see what you think they can legally and ethically charge him with.