Saturday, August 11, 2007

Wandering governor is in Iowa today

KY3 Blog reports that Missouri Governor Matt Blunt is in Iowa today trying to help former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in the straw poll at Ames:

I'm not in Ames, but a friend of mine from NBC News is. He tells me Gov. Matt Blunt is there today. I got to speak to Gov. Blunt yesterday briefly about Romney. He told me that Romney will be a candidate who benefits with exposure. If Romney wins Ames BIG (as expected), count on that exposure.

Blunt also told me yesterday that he will accompany Romney on his campaign visit to Springfield on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they keep him.

Anonymous said...

I hope Romney picks him as a running mate if he gets the nomination. He would may J. Danforth Quayle look like a mental giant.

Maybe with that pair on the Repuke ticket we wouldn't have to hear from them for years.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Matt made the right choice since Romney won the straw poll.


Congratulations to Romney and to Governor Blunt. Best of luck in the next round.