Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Graham: I'm sorry that the incident occurred


In his first public statement since his arrest Saturday for driving while intoxicated, Senate Assistant Minority Leader Chuck Graham, D-Columbia, said he couldn't say anything and he's sorry that anything happened that he can't talk about.

Graham's statement was given to the Columbia media and includes the following passage:

I want to apologize to my family, friends, and most importantly, to the citizens of Boone and Randolph counties for any embarrassment I have caused to them. I’m sorry that this incident occurred, not for myself, but for the other people involved and for those who have put their trust in me. I know there are many questions about this case that members of the media would like to have answered, and I would like to answer them. As a journalism school graduate, I know the important role the media plays in our society. I have always been open to the media, and I will continue to be in the future. However, there are many details about the incident that my lawyer has instructed me not to discuss at this time. I am as frustrated as the members of the media about not being able to publicly comment on all aspects of this case, but it is a reality with which I must deal.


Graham did say that he takes full responsibility for his actions.

No comments: