Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bond: Losses in first two states would not cripple Giuliani

Sen. Kit Bond, R-Mo., the head of former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani's presidential campaign in this state, says that losses in Iowa and New Hampshire, if that occurs, would not cripple the Giuliani's presidential run. Information from Bond's MSNBC interview has been posted on KY3 Political Blog:

"I don't think it's a wounded position to lose two states," Bond said. "Obviously I'd prefer to see him winning in one, at least one of those states, but the fact of the matter is, we are putting together a good organization in Missouri. I understand they have good organizations in South Carolina in Florida, which is very important."

Missouri voters will join a bunch of states that will vote on their presidential nominees on February 5th. "I'm looking at the Midwest, where I believe that when Rudy Giuliani has the opportunity to get his message out, he's going to appeal to Republicans, from liberal to conservative and he's done a good job in my state, and I think he'll continue it," Bond said.

No comments: