Friday, November 16, 2007

Missouri State graduate signs on as KSPR weekend sports anchor


Missouri State University graduate Mike Scott, the weekend sports anchor at KTTV in Rochester, Minn., will serve in the same capacity at KSPR in Springfield beginning Dec. 3.
According to to the KTTV website:

A native Missourian, Mike Scott joined the Newscenter Sports team as weekend anchor in November 2004.
He received his degree from Southwest Missouri State University, now Missouri State. (Go Bears!) Mike and his wife Shannon were married in June of 2005 and now live in Rochester with their 3 year old cat Mr. K.


Scott told the Rochester Post-Bulletin, "I grew up in Springfield and went to school there, too. It's always been a goal of mine to someday work there. I really love everything about my job here and Rochester, too, except for maybe the cold weather, but moving back home is something I've always wanted to do. It's like a dream come true."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has this site turned into a Springfield news site? I thought this was a Joplin-based site...

Anonymous said...

Randy,
You need to do commentary on the local news stations. It's been too long. I thought for sure you'd review all the sweeps pieces that have been airing. There's been some really good ones.

Randy said...

I haven't had much of a chance to catch the newscasts lately because of work obligations and other conflicts, so most of what I have been getting has been surfing the net. I had intended to go over some of the sweeps material, but I haven't seen much of it.

Anonymous said...

I noticed KOAM is posting their sweeps pieces on their web site for streaming. Sure is handy when you miss part one and get interested in part two.

Anonymous said...

Randy...it would be great if you could have reviewed some of the stuff. The only two I have been really interested in was KY's report on how long it took for smoke detectors to "detect" fires. I jumped up off my couch and checked which kind of detector I had. I also enjoyed KSPR's stories on the storm in Greenburg, KS. Some amazing pictures from there and interesting perspectives. I haven't caught much from 10. I wonder if the Rowan Ford case redirected a lot of all 3 station's people away from sweeps stories???

Anonymous said...

I hope it did. Rowan Ford was actual news. Not a story designed to use fire to fuel ratings. Or even worse, driving to someplace a long way away to do a story on something that happened many months ago. If a Springfield station really wants to look at the effects of a tornado on a community, how about travelling to Pierce City? Or Stockton? Probably doesn't make as sexy a promo, does it.