Saturday, November 10, 2007

More information provided on Chris Collings

Funeral services for the mother of Chris Collings, 32, Wheaton, were held just nine days before her son allegedly participated in the rape and murder of nine-year-old Rowan Ford of Stella.

Betty Lou Collings, a former teacher in the East Newton R-6 School District, died at age 69 on Sunday, Oct. 21. Funeral services were held three days later at Ridgly Baptist Church in Ridgly, MO.

Mercifully, she did not have to deal with this situation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When and what did she teach at East Newton????

Randy said...

It doesn't really ring a bell with me. I was going by what they included in the obituary.

Anonymous said...

I also wonder about her teaching at East Newton

Anonymous said...

Maybe they should exhume the mother's body to determine cause of death. Anyone who could do this horrible crime to a little girl, could have done the same to his mother.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely creepy. I just Googled my first and last name for the first time(correct spelling with the 'g' in Collings). And this is what I found! Not me, folks!