Sunday, December 30, 2007

Denver Post: Rod Smith era may be over


The most famous athlete to ever come out of Missouri Southern State University, Denver Bronco wide receiver Rod Smith, may be nearing the end of the line as he faces hip replacement surgery, according to an article in today's Denver Post:

The end is near, if not here. Forget weeks or months. Rod Smith's final appearance on the Broncos' sideline could come this afternoon at Invesco Field at Mile High.

You won't be able to feel his pain, but you can see it. Smith, the most prolific receiver in Broncos history, won't be walking off into the sunset. Hobbling is more like it.

His left hip is hurting so badly, he could undergo replacement surgery in a matter of weeks. If his career, the one that has been equal parts unlikely and illustrious, ends on such a downer, Smith can live with it.

"I was always told that you play this game as long as you can, and if I've played my last football game, I did that," Smith said. "So I'm OK with that. I'm happy, I'm happy. Trust me, to be here 14 years, I'm happy. It is what it is. It's part of life. I'm not going to dwell on it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.....but he can still beat a woman with tha best of them even with the new hip.