Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Clinton : I found my own voice

Hillary Clinton, the first woman to ever win a presidential primary, was surrounded by younger people, including daughter Chelsea, as she prepared to give her speech to her supporters. Last week, as she lost in Iowa, she was surrounded by husband Bill, Madeleine Albright, and Wesley Clark. Tonight, she appeared to stand in front of the future, not the past.

She started her speech by saying that thanks to the people of New Hampshire, "I found my own voice."

"Too many have been invisible for too long. Well, you are not invisible to me."

Sen. Clinton launched an attack, not on her Democratic opponents, but on President Bush. After seven years of Bush, she said, "I intend to be a president who puts you first.

"There will be no more invisible Americans."

Mrs. Clinton added, "We are in it for the long run. We are in it for the American people."

No comments: