Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kinder to run for governor

It didn't take long for Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder to jump into the vacuum created by Gov. Matt Blunt's announcement that he will not run for a second term. Kinder released the following statement on his blog and to the media:


As Lt. Governor and President Pro Tem I have brought fundamental change to state government. I have served as a change agent my entire career and look forward to continuing my positive leadership.

Missourians deserve a strong economy to create new higher paying jobs, a world class education, and affordable and accessible health care.

I am the right person to deliver the positive change Missourians deserve.

I am heartened by the outpouring of support and I will formally announce my plans for Governor in the coming weeks.

As always, your continued support is greatly appreciated.

No comments: