Sunday, January 06, 2008

Watson: New position far more than just lobbying

In a post on Neosho Forums today, former Newton County Prosecuting Attorney Scott Watson addressed his new position as vice president of governmental affairs for St.John's Regional Medical Center:

What a difficult decision this was. I so enjoyed being the PA. For the most part, everyday was a challenge. My best friends are in the PA's office, and not many get to go to work everyday with their best friends.

However, I know I have four children beginning college in the next five years. Not an undaunting scenario. Further, the opportunity to launch a new department at such an institution as St. John's is a pretty darn good reason to be excited also. I also believe that new ideas from new leadership can bring good things to any office.

I know that lobbyist is a general term used for a variety of jobs, but really I am creating relationships on behalf of St. John's. Those relationships will be inside and outside government.

No comments: