Tuesday, March 04, 2008

McCain defends decision to invade Iraq

"I owe my country every opportunity I have ever had. I am part of something greater than myself," Republican nominee John McCain told supporters during his victory speech tonight.

"I will defend the decision to destroy Saddam Hussein's regime," McCain said, "as I also criticized the failed tactics that went on for too long." Then the senator talked about the surge which he said will enable America to leave "with our honor intact."

McCain is immediately going to his long suit, national defense and foreign policy, rather than hitting the economic issues which kept challenger Mike Huckabee in the race for so long.

McCain then spoke in favor of educational vouchers, maintaining trade treaties, cutting taxes for businesses and cutting regulation of businesses.

No comments: