Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Minister's accuser speaks out to Neosho Daily

Neosho Daily News Managing Editor John Ford landed an interview with a woman who claims Randall Danny Russell, pastor of Acts II Church in Neosho, sexually harassed her six years ago:

The woman, who asked that her name not be made public, told the Daily News in a recent telephone interview that Randall “Danny” Russell had touched her in an inappropriate manner on several instances after Bible study at his home.

“I was in the 10th grade,” she remembered. “He didn’t have the church at the time, but would hold Bible study classes on Tuesdays at his home. He had refreshments at his home and a game room downstairs. Upstairs, he would have his Bible classes and called it Acts II. Me and a bunch of other girls, he called us his girls.”

The woman said she had been having problems in her family life, and turned to the church for help and guidance.

“I needed God or somebody to help me,” she said. “That’s what he used to get me. He told me I would be OK, that he takes care of his girls. He even would buy me clothes.
On more than one occasion, he would ask me out. I wouldn’t go out with him, though.

“I didn’t realize anything at the time until he touched my behind a couple of times. Then, I felt like something was wrong.”


A bond hearing for Russell, who is charged with statutory rape, statutory sodomy, and child abuse, is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. today in Newton County Circuit Court.

No comments: