Wednesday, May 14, 2008

News-Leader pays tribute to Casey


A Springfield News-Leader editorial pays tribute to fallen firefighter Tyler Casey:

Firefighters from other departments have begun posting messages of sorrow and brotherhood on the fire protection district's Web site.

One, from California, says to Tyler: "Your brothers and sisters in the fire service shall carry the watch from here."

Another says, "It is a sad day in many firefighters' lives as we mourn the loss of a fellow firefighter."

And the most heart-wrenching, from a volunteer who worked with Tyler in the Seneca Area district:

"You meant the world to me, and when you asked to follow in my footsteps I couldn't have been more honored. ... You always stepped up to the plate when needed. I will miss you more than anyone will ever know.

"I love you son."

No comments: