Monday, August 25, 2008

Michelle Obama hitting a home run

The pundits said Michelle Obama needed to knock her speech out of the park tonight and it appears she is going to do just that.

My piece of the Ameican dream is a blessing hard won by those who came before me," Mrs. Obama said.

She praised the working families, the families of military men and women.

She talked about others who have never forgotten the average American.

"People like Hillary Clinton, who put those 18million cracks in that glass ceiling," a reference to the votes Mrs. Clinton received in her historic race for the Democratic nomination.

"People like Joe Biden, who never forget where he came from."

And in my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much. I believe that each of us, no matter what our age, our background, our walk of life, each of us has something to contribute to this nation."

She said her husband shared that belief.

"The Barack Obama I know today is the same man I fell in love with 19 years ago," Mrs. Obama said.

No comments: