Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Nixon: Missouri has turned a page

In an e-mail sent this morning to supporters, Democratic candidate for governor Jay Nixon said Missouri has turned a page:

Today, thanks to your help, we celebrate -- not because last night's primary victory was unexpected, but because today, Missouri has turned a page.

Today, Missouri families stand one step closer to the change they need, the change they deserve -- and you and I and tens of thousands of other Missourians stand together, united for change.

My Republican opponent, Congressman Hulshof, offers four more years of the same failed policies of George W. Bush and Matt Blunt. That's something that Missouri families simply can't afford.


After a request for campaign contributions, Nixon continued:

If the recent Republican primary was any guide, I fully expect Congressman Hulshof and his allies to crank up their negative attacks against me, starting any time now. And when they attack my character or distort my record, I promise you this, we will fight back.

But this campaign should be a discussion of ideas -- and in our campaign, that's exactly what we've begun and what we'll continue to do.

No comments: