Friday, October 24, 2008

Blog: Make Carthage Press into a weekly

In a posting earlier this week on his blog, Newsprint in My Blood," Missouri Southern State University Publications Manager T. R. Hanrahan suggested it is time to make The Carthage Press into a weekly:

I have been waiting for The Carthage Mess to update its Web site for four days. As I write this, it is now Monday. The most recent post is from Thursday.
Now let me put this in perspective. This weekend was the Maple Leaf Festival. That is a pretty big Carthage thing. But there is no slideshow. There is no story. There is no coverage. The Globe got it done.


Personally, I would like to see someone try to make The Press into a community newspaper again, but it is never going to happen under current management.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hanrahan is an egotistical drunk.