Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Rogers takes helm at Carthage Press

Neosho Daily News Publisher Rick Rogers has added some duties to his job description.

Rogers has been named a regional publisher, also handling The Carthage Press and the Aurora Advertiser:

“I am extremely excited about working alongside Buzz and our staff of talented newspaper professionals in producing a quality hometown newspaper that the community can be proud of,” Rogers said. “I am also excited about becoming a part of the Carthage community again. We here at the Press are going to make some changes in the next 90 days, adding a few pages to the product on certain days, and adding some new ideas. The first example you saw was in Tuesday’s paper with a four-page wrap providing coverage of the Carthage Christmas Parade. We are going to do more special projects like that. I would like to see more coverage of our schools, which I consider to be the heartbeat of any community, and bring back a Faith page on Fridays. Those are just a few examples of some of the changes that could be in store.
“I am fortunate to be entering a situation with talented professionals already on board. What I hope to bring is some direction to the mission of the newspaper. As a regional publisher, I will not be able to be in the office on a daily basis. Buzz Ball will fill that role. But, with today’s technology, I will be accessible to the staffs of all three newspapers and to the readers. It is very important to me that the community members feel they can contact me when needed.
“Again, I am excited about this new opportunity, and what the future holds for the Carthage Press.”

No comments: