Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Southern Watch had it first

Southern Watch was the first source to break the news that Missouri Southern State University has placed a moratorium on travel and hiring, an accomplishment the blog modestly noted.

SouthernWatch: 7:46

Turner Report: 8:29

Joplin Globe: 9:46


I don't recall making "a big deal" about it as the blog indicates, but I must defend the poor, downtrodden Joplin Globe, which actually finished second. My time stamp is two hours off, so I actually posted the story at 10:29 p.m.

Congratulations to the Globe for finishing second on such a major story. I will try to do better next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Randy,
According to Southern Watch, you're one of "the big boys."

Anonymous said...

I'd say at least half the MSSU faculty and staff go to the Southern Watch site regularly.