Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Carthage Press tries to scare away readers

I am firmly convinced The Carthage Press is trying to scare away readers.

Evidence in point. In the newspaper's Sunday edition, the Smile of the Day on page one was Randy Turner.

That is not a way to stave off circulation loss.

Of course, considering how much grief I gave the newspaper (and the Neosho Daily News) over the Smile of the Day feature, K have to admit, this was a clever move by photographer David Hoover and his partner in crime John Hacker.

8 comments:

mary said...

FUNNY!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're talking about Randy, this is my new masturbatory aid...

Anonymous said...

Classic! Well played, Carthage Press. Well played.

Anonymous said...

good play, David and John....good play...stick it to him...

dhoovey said...

I will say I had to take about 40 pictures of Randy before I caught him in the act of smiling! I was beginning to think he knew what I was up to and wasn't going to give in. I ended up catching him off guard during a break in the band's performance. Chalk one up for Hacker and Hoover! :)

Hacker said...

Thanks Tiff for a great idea.

Anonymous said...

The gig may not be over yet... I can almost hear the words of the song "The Hacker & Hoover Serenade in E Minor." Sing it Randy! :)

Diamond Gem

Anonymous said...

Or the Hacker and Tiffany serenade.