Friday, June 05, 2009

Guestbook for Sgt. Faris available online

Those wishing to leave a message honoring Sgt. Paul Brooks, Joplin, who was killed last month in Iraq can do so at this link.

The Paragould, Arkansas Daily Press featured coverage of Sgt. Brooks' funeral Tuesday:

(Pastor Johnny) Hutchison also read words written by Brooks’ sisters, Nikki Winn of Paragould and Christy Sharp of Jonesboro.

Winn wrote her brother was the typical brother but grew into an even better man.

“When we were kids, he was a typical little brother. I specifically remember him calling me ‘Nikki Persnikki’ just because he knew it made me so mad,” Winn wrote. “What I wouldn’t do to hear him call me that again.”

Winn also wrote that her brother was also a good father and husband.

“I wish all the children in the world could have a dad like my brother,” Winn wrote. “His kids were his pride and joy, and they thought their daddy hung the moon and stars. There was nothing in this world more important to P.F. (Paul Faris) than his kids. ... Now I cannot speak of my brother without letting you know what a rock his wife is. Nicole (his wife) helped mold my brother into the man he became. I say he met his match when he met her.”

Sharp wrote that her brother loved his children, and they loved him.

“He loved his job. Only it just wasn’t a job to him,” Sharp wrote. “It was his responsibility to his country, his kids and to his family. Each of his kids had Army clothes and wore them everywhere with so much pride, that their dad was an Army guy.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Randy!