Monday, June 08, 2009

Natural Disaster set for Battle of the Bands Friday night

We will find out this Friday night if Natural Disaster has the energy to compete with bands featuring musicians three decades younger.

We are scheduled to compete in the Joplin Boomtown Days Battle of the Bands, which will begin 5:30 p.m. in Landreth Park. A different band will perform each half hour, with the playing times to be determined during a drawing Friday afternoon. The top three bands out of the nine slated to perform will receive a prizes, with the top band opening for Kansas Saturday night.

With our lead guitarist Charlie Brown being 54, group leader/rhythm guitarist/vocalist Richard Taylor and I clocking in at 53 and drummer Tony Marsh at 50, we may not even be able to get up the next morning, let alone open for Kansas if by some miracle we won. Fortunately, our bass player, Tracy Minear, is considerably younger than the rest of us.

We are looking forward to it and hope to see you there.

More information will be posted later in the week.

5 comments:

pppporkypig said...

Good luck! I Will be there on Saturday night to see you open if you make it.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me...."...leader/rhythmguitarist/vocalist Richard Taylor and I...."

and I???

Randy wouldn't make a mistake in print would he???? would he???

Randy said...

If I didn't do that every once in a while, some people would not have any amusement in their lives.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were 13?

Randy said...

Actually 13 1/4. I don't have another birthday until 2012.