Saturday, July 04, 2009

Cardinals to stay on 1230 AM

Judging from the new website for KZYM, 1230 The Talker, St. Louis Cardinals and MSSC sports will remain on the station. Whether that is long term or simply because there are contracts, I don't know, but it is a wise move not to get Cardinals fans angry.

Other than the Missouri Southern sports, I don't see any other major local component to the schedule. I would have much preferred to see something like 1310's old Afternoon Newswatch program, so the Joplin area would have local shows during both the morning and afternoon drive times, but according to the schedule posted on the website, the insufferable Dennis Miller, currently on 1310 will be in the same time period on The Talker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Newsflash: It hasn't been MSSC for quite a while now.

Randy said...

Sorry, I thought I had it corrected when I changed it from Joplin Junior College on the first draft.

Anonymous said...

Joplin High School football, basketball, & baseball will still be on 1230.