Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Neosho man announces bid for state representative


Bill Reiboldt, Neosho, announced a bid for state representative today, issuing the following news release:


Bill Reiboldt of Neosho is pleased to announce his candidacy for Missouri State Representative in the 130th District in
2010. The seat will become vacant when current Representative Kevin Wilson’s present term ends. Because of term limits, Wilson is ineligible to seek re-election in 2010.

A lifelong resident of the district, Reiboldt and his wife Kathleen have called Newton County home for the 36 years they have been married. Admittedly blessed to live in Southwest Missouri, surrounded by natural beauty, incredible resources, and truly outstanding people, Bill and Kathleen have built on and run a successful farm, raised three children, and are now the proud grandparents of eight beautiful grandchildren. The prospect of being able to represent the District he has called home his entire life in the Missouri House of Representatives is something that is truly exciting to Reiboldt.

“The people of Southwest Missouri--my family, my friends, and my neighbors—are hardworking, warm-hearted and dedicated to our future generations,” Reiboldt said. “It is the people that are the fabric of this community that make me proud to announce my candidacy for Missouri State Representative of the 130th District. “

Even though the primary is thirteen months away, Reiboldt is busy getting out and about, talking to people in the community from all walks of life, and working to learn about the passions of his friends and neighbors—putting his finger on the pulse of what they want their government to be. He says, “I speak the language of this area. I have been involved in the community my entire life.”

After graduating from Neosho High School in 1966, Reiboldt went on to graduate from Harding University and later served in the Missouri National Guard. In addition, for more than forty years he has worked in local agri-business with dairy, beef, and crop production. Since 1978, their family farm has been incorporated, and as Chief Executive Officer, he has been in charge of all aspects of the operation.

Overall, Reiboldt wants to use his experiences, not only as a businessman and farmer, but also as a member of his community, to be a voice for the residents of the 130th District. “I am ready to serve the people of this District out of deep gratitude for the life that I have been blessed with and the community that I have always called home. I am not a politician, just a deeply thankful man who wishes to give back to a community that has given me so much.”

“Honesty, integrity, and accountability, those are the principles that guide me,” Reiboldt said. “I see this run as service. I want to serve the people of this District, be accountable to them, spend their money wisely, and make decisions that will be to the benefit of the District and its people.” Reiboldt will run on the Republican ticket.

No comments: