Saturday, August 15, 2009

Stouffer: Nodler, Icet do not speak for Republican Party on Career Ladder issue

Sen. Bill Stouffer says Sen. Gary Nodler and Rep. Allen Icet are speaking for themselves and not the Republican Party when they say funding for Career Ladder for Missouri teachers cannot be guaranteed for the 2009-2010 school year:


"I would caution people, that's not the opinion of the legislature. That's the opinion of two guys. It's certainly not the position of the Senate and the Republican party," he said yesterday in a phone interview.

"The program has a lot of support in the legislature, and I would be surprised if it was not funded," he added.

Stouffer also said legislatures need to return wording in the program that pays teachers for their Career Ladder work during the same fiscal year, instead of retroactive pay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His name is BILL Stouffer,and he represents the 21st Senatorial District.

Randy said...

You are right, and in fact, I ran one of his capital reports a a few days ago. I saw his mention as Bob in the Richmond newspaper article and I let that throw me. I will change that immediately. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

"Stouffer also said legislatures need to return wording in the program that pays teachers for their Career Ladder work during the same fiscal year, instead of retroactive pay" That is exactly what Icet and Nodler said, so I guess they were speaking for Stouffer after all.