Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Newspaper Days" available from Amazon.com



My latest book, Newspaper Days, has officially hit the market.

The book, which details my journalism career from my first job at the Newton County News in 1977 through my last days at The Carthage Press in 1999 Newspaper Days can be ordered from Amazon.com for $18.95. E-books are available for $6.

The book includes a detailed account of the $1.5 billion libel suit that hastened my departure from newspapers, as well as giving a picture of a day before chain newspaper ownership thoroughly weakened print journalism.

The book will be available at retail outlets in the Joplin area in the near future, as well as from other Internet sites.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear you have a few digs at neosho daily news publisher in the book.....

Anonymous said...

I hope the paper in the book is the new, cushiony comfort Kleenex Cottonelle Ultra 2-ply paper for that luxurious feel. Then your book will have some salvageable value.

Anonymous said...

I support you Randy, let these knuckleheads try to write a real book.