Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nodler: Spending freeze is not the dramatic change we need

Sen. Gary Nodler, R-Joplin issued the following statement prior to President Barack Obama's State of the Union message:

"President Obama's proposed 'spending freeze' doesn't represent the kind of dramatic change we expect and need to see out of Washington. His scheme is short-term in duration and small in proportion. I have been saying for months that we need to dramatically cut government spending; not cut the rise in government spending, but cut spending in real terms. If there is going to be any spending freeze, it should take place only after real spending cuts.


The only way to provide for long-term economic growth is to lower government spending, cut taxes and put money in the hands of Americans so we can create jobs. My experience as a public servant means I know how to enact this kind of reform and I'm asking the people of the 7th congressional district to send me to Congress because I understand how to get it done."

No comments: