Thursday, March 25, 2010

Schoolchildren's visit to capital marred by fight between legislators

Apparently some of the venom that has become evident in Congress has carried over to the state level. In the accompanying video from KRCG, Jefferson City, Jeff Roorda, D-Barnhart, accuses Republicans of grandstqnding on the budget and Tim Jones, R-Eureka, screams "You're a liar, you're a liar, you're a liar," at him:

It was quite an education for the school children in the upper gallery, especially when House Speaker Ron Richard threatened to throw people out.

“You will act with respect from both sides of the aisle or I will have members from both sides of the aisle removed,” Richard said.


Thank goodness we have the most powerful man in the state at the helm of the House of Representataives or those schoolchildren might have thought they were back on the playground.

2 comments:

Busplunge said...

I was shaking my head when I saw Representative Jones on the tape... Last week or so he sent me an email in which he said to me: "I laugh at you..typical left wing character assassins...you both make me chuckle...it is too easy to debate you and win...in fact, to quote a famous man, I'm doing it with half my brain tied behind my back!...Now go bother your own State Rep and State Senator with your foolish left wing diatribes. Maybe some day you'll both be lucky though and you can vote for me for Governor!"

Anonymous said...

That's just class! ...he's using his friend's death as an excuse. What trash.