Monday, July 26, 2010

Icet spends $23,000 on robocalls

Nothing has irritated me more the past couple of weeks than the robocalls I have been receiving from Rep. Allen Icet, R-Wildwood, suggesting that I support him for the Republican nomination So far, I have received four in the past week, including two today.

So naturally, it comes as no surprise that Icet's eight-day report, filed today with the Missouri Ethics Commission, shows he has spent $23,000 this month on phones.

Icet has also put approximately $154,000 into advertising, but it's those calls that are probably the best advertisement Icet can make- for opponent Thomas Schweich, that is.

I don't care who the speaker at the other end of the phone is, whether it be Speaker of the House Ron Richard, whose voice greeted me today, or Rep. Tom Flanigan, R-Carthage, whose voice was featured last week.

And I especially do not want to hear again from Joe the Plumber.

It almost made me feel nostalgic about the days when aluminum siding salesmen were plying their wares on the telephone.

All right. I got off track. Back to Icet's report. He has received $19,180 in July and has spent $188,909.31, leaving him with $12,914.96,  hardly enough to make a long distance call.

His biggest contributor, at $6,000 was Drury Development, St. Louis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Nothing has irritated me more the past couple of weeks than the robocalls I have been receiving from" or on the behalf of Gary Nodler.

Now, I'm probably on a list of Known Republicans ... but I'm not exactly one, most especially when it comes to Nodler. I do wonder what his campaign is thinking; if the first 2 or so calls didn't work why will 4 or more more help?