Monday, July 19, 2010

Opening statements given by candidates at Congressional forum

Mike Moon- Republican- I am a Republican and a follower of Jesus Christ. I am the constitutional conservative.

Kevin Craig, Libertarian- The mess we are in now because of the two major parties.

Jeff Wisdom, Republican- - I bring a lot to the table with my economic knowledge, but also as a veteran.

Jack Goodman- Republican- We have succeeded. Our budget is strong, we are more pro-life, and second amemdment rights have been protected.

Michael Wardell- Republican- We're getting the same thing over and over again. I don't believe in the direcction our country is going.

Tim Davis- Democrat- I have the expertise we need in Washington right now. He stressed his law and economics degrees.

Scott Eckersley- Democrat- I stood up for Missouri's Open Records Law and I'm proud of that. We can make (government) better. Put people first, party and special interests somewhere behind that. I have seen that flipped.

Gary Nodler- Republican- When Americans get involved in government, they usually make the right decisions.

Darrell Moore- Republican- It's time for us to learn to talk together and work for the common good.

Billy Long- Republican- When a seat like this comes open, it never comes to the business community, it goes to a politician. I want to send a businessman to Washington.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sound isn't working for those on Mediacom. Some debate.

Randy said...

Consider that a blessing.