Saturday, December 04, 2010

Montee to head Democratic Party in Missouri

Susan Montee, who was defeated in her bid for re-election as state auditor, has been named the new State Democratic Party chairman. From the news release:

The Missouri Democratic Party announced today that State Auditor Susan Montee was selected to be the new Chair of the Missouri Democratic State Committee by acclamation.


After her selection, newly-elected Chair Susan Montee released the following statement:

"I look forward to working with Democrats in all corners of Missouri as we strengthen the Missouri Democratic Party. I know that 2010 was a challenging election cycle for Democrats in our state, and now, more than ever, we need to unify as we work towards a successful election in 2012. We have strong leaders like Governor Jay Nixon and Senator Claire McCaskill who look out for the best interest of our state, and I will work tirelessly to ensure they have the support they need to continue representing Missourians."

After the State Committee named the new chair, outgoing State Chairman Craig Hosmer released the following statement:

"I am passing the torch to a proven statewide leader in the Missouri Democratic Party -- Susan Montee. Susan's statewide network and ability to garner support across Missouri will be a tremendous asset as we look forward to the 2012 elections.

I am thankful that I had the chance to lead the Missouri Democratic Party, and I appreciate all the support I had along the way. The challenges our state and this country face are bigger than just one election cycle, and I look forward to working with Susan Montee to move Missouri and the Democratic Party forward."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig is really a good guy but he took a big hit this year because of President Obama, Speaker Pelosi and Senator Reid.

Them's the breaks.

Anonymous said...

I've been a Democrat for years, but I was disappointed in Hosmer in that he would not answer an email. I suppose he was selective in who he communicated with. I'm sure had I been a big donor I would have received the courtesy of a reply. Being a big donor pays off in Missouri. Remember when Steele-Danner held a fund raiser for Jay Nixon in Branson. It was a private affair, no one would talk about how much money they actually raised in Branson, but Steele-Danner is now head of Missouri Division of Tourism and her husband if State AG.

Politics is for the elite, but they still have to beg for our vote.