Sunday, January 16, 2011

Billy Long: Government must remain open to the people

In an op-ed in today's Springfield News-Leader, Seventh District Congressman Billy Long says government must remain open to the people:

We cannot let the lone act of one mentally deranged person change who we are as a free society. Our government and our elected officials must be open and accessible to the people. As a member of the House of Representatives, my most important job is to always listen to the people of Missouri's 7th District. This incident will not keep me or my staff from holding events around the district, or make me less accessible to you -- my neighbors. I swore to uphold the Constitution, and that is exactly what I plan to do.

4 comments:

Busplunge said...

"This incident will not keep me or my staff from holding events around the district, or make me less accessible to you -- my neighbors. I swore to uphold the Constitution, and that is exactly what I plan to do."

Would that be his 'road hard and put away wet constitution'?

Anonymous said...

This is laughable. Uphold the constitution. So he sends the FBI to some little conservative blogger's house to interrogate the guy because the blogger basically asked hard questions?

Like I've said before, if this is the new standard Katie Couric is in big trouble for asking Palin about Supreme Court rulings etc. I'm sure Palin is sending the FBI to Couric's house as we speak.

Man, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Busplunge said...

Sometimes we miss simple things. Sheriff Arnott said the reason he accompanied the FBI agent to interview Bowler was because Bowler listed a Republic address. When that turned out to be his former address, Arnott rode with the agent to Bowler's current address in Ozark, which is in Christian County.

The only difficulty is that Bowler's former address in Republic, was about a mile or two south of FR194- Countyline Road and was in Christian County

Arnott was out of his jurisdiction from the git go.

Look at the map

Ghost of Disgruntled Whistle Pig said...

Billy Long abused his power and wasted our tax dollars to settle a personal vendetta. Arnott can say Long was unaware his staff contacted him to reach the FBI until he's blue in the face ... and he'll still be lying.

Seems like Springpatch just breeds one corrupt politician after another.