Friday, January 07, 2011

Richard says 2011 priority is job creation, economic development

In his first report as a state senator, Ron Richard, R-Joplin, says he will emphasize job creation and economic development this session:

On January 5, the 2011 legislative session officially began, and I began serving as your state senator for the 32nd senatorial district. I thank you for the opportunity to serve the citizens of Dade, Newton, and Jasper counties, and I want you to know that I am dedicated to addressing the issues important to you and all Missourians.


My time in the state legislature began in 2002, when I began serving as a state representative for the 129th house district. I was elected by my colleagues in the House to serve as speaker of the House in 2008. This November, I was honored to be chosen as your state senator, and as the first speaker of the House to be elected to the Missouri Senate in 100 years.

One of my main priorities this session, as it was throughout my time in the House, is job creation and economic development. This session, we are sure to discuss ways to put Missourians back to work. Some ideas that are sure to be debated are capping the corporate franchise tax to allow employers to invest in hiring new employees, improving employers' ability to hire and retain quality workers by ending lawsuit abuses, and ensuring an employee's choice when it comes to joining or leaving a union. As the session continues, I will keep you informed on the work that is completed on these and other issues that will improve our state.

I am grateful for the opportunity to serve the southwest Missouri communities that make up the 32nd district. Please feel free to reach out to my office and let me know the concerns, questions, and issues that are important to you. You can reach my Jefferson City office by calling (573) 751-2173. You can also visit my Senate website; we will be updating this site regularly with news of what is going on in the legislature.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see the Senator clean up the mess at MSSU that is the Board of Governors. Rod Anderson's term expired in 2009; it is time for him to be replaced by a more capable person.

Anonymous said...

Aren't appointments first and foremost the Governor's job? After that, does the State Senate even advise and consent on appointments at this level?

Anonymous said...

The State Senator recommends candidates for the Board of Governors to the Governor, who almost always acts on the recommendations. The Senator needs to remind the Governor's appointments person that MSSU has a Board of Governors member who is still serving 18 months past the end of his term.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ron,

Please recommend Gary Nodler to serve on the MSSU Board of Governors.

That would drive Randy and his faithful following completely nuts.

Anonymous said...

anonymous 1:43

That the best thing on this blog I've heard in a long time...and the best reason..Gary I don't believe is interested but it would send some faculty members and Randy into orbit.. and actually they could use a good dose of Gary Nodler..he probably just what they need

Anonymous said...

No, Gary Nodler has his sights set on becoming the MSSU president when the Board finally has enough of Speck! Although Gary doesn't have any academic credentials, the faculty would prefer him to Speck. Gary has common sense, doesn't bungle every opportunity, and can get things done. He has a long record of achievement that the faculty are quite aware of.

Anonymous said...

Nodler as president of MSSU. That'll be the day. What Ron needs to do is find a way of cleaning up the mess that Nodler and the Neosho maffia created in ruining MOSo.